PushBlack is the nation's largest media advocacy organization for Black Americans, currently serving 9 million people monthly across all platforms. We use the power of narrative, especially Black History, to educate and activate our subscribers to build their personal power and create lasting economic and political change.
In 2020, PushBlack grew to 5.6M subscribers on Facebook Messenger and 455K followers on Instagram. We also ran the nation’s largest GOTV campaign for Black Americans. In May 2020, we launched Black History Year, our critically-acclaimed podcast, which has received over 1M unique downloads.
We’re hiring a Development Manager to become a key member of our growing development department by supporting our CEO in raising $500,000 in major gifts in 2021. This person will be responsible for executing strategies to increase funding from individual donors and building relationships with foundations.
- Executing the entire donor stewardship process, including gift receipt, acknowledgement, reconciliation, and cancellation.
- Tracking donor and funder data in Salesforce and creating monthly reports, while maintaining strict confidentiality. This includes ensuring that all current and prospective donor inquiries, contacts, relationships, gift intentions and affiliations are recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinating donor meetings or other types of contact for the purposes of cultivating donors and stewarding relationships.
- Conducting prospect research and preparing briefing materials to support the CEO in his solicitations.
- Assisting in preparing and submitting proposals and reports to foundations, corporations, and individuals.
- Serving as the point person for third parties wishing to fundraise or hold events on behalf of PushBlack.
- Assisting and supporting in the planning and execution of the organization's 1-2 special events per year.
- Coordinating special projects and additional fundraising support activities as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills - you adapt quickly to shifting priorities and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Experience using Salesforce to track donor data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you have experience engaging with influential stakeholders.
- Working independently and collaborating with peers and management to solve problems.
- Ability to listen intently and retain significant information over time - remembering names, faces and the context of constituent relationships.
- Effective at building and fostering relationships that achieve fundraising goals.
- Experience working on political campaigns or in other fast-paced environments is a plus.
- Whether you love your couch or your desk, it doesn’t matter. We’re 100% Remote!
- Great benefits that include medical, dental, and vision.
- PTO, Sick and Holiday Leave.
- 401K Retirement Savings w/ tiered match.
- Parental leave benefits.
- PushBlack observes Juneteenth as a national holiday.
- $400/month work-from-home, taxable stipend in lieu of coworking reimbursements and phone/internet reimbursements.
- $1750 total professional development budget annually, of which $500 can roll over each year (cap of $500 per year).
Salary Range: $60,000 - $65,000/year
PushBlack is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people are centered in the work we do. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.