PushBlack, the nation’s largest nonprofit media platform for Black people, builds deep, daily relationships with Black Americans through their mobile phones in order to transform Black civic engagement.
PushBlack attracts and engages subscribers through our innovative daily Black history and news service, which is based on Facebook Messenger. With this daily relationship, PushBlack encourages 4M subscribers to raise their voices and take action on critical issues. We continue to explore additional platforms and product lines, including Instagram and offline events.
Take a look at the PushBlack Manifesto to learn more about what we’re doing.
An analytical digital marketing professional who can design, manage, and optimize our robust Facebook Ads program. Working closely with our Chief Content Officer (CCO), this team member will track KPIs to ensure growth goals and cost-per-acquisition targets are effectively met.
- Managing Facebook Ad campaigns and strategy, leveraging data to drive decisions.
- Frequently planning and running A/B tests on ad content, creative, copy and formats.
- Monitor and evaluate KPIs including cost-per-subscriber-acquisition, unsubscribes, subscriber donation rates, and virality, to determine campaign effectiveness and to manage ad budget.
- Track Facebook advertising efforts though the entire marketing funnel.
A week in the life of our next Digital Ads Manager:
On Monday, you’re reporting on the past week’s analytics to our CCO and establishing the Facebook and Instagram advertising goals/objectives for the week for our core Black history product.
On Tuesday & Wednesday, in alignment with PushBlack’s experiment stack, you’re designing and running A/B tests as we explore new product lines.
On Thursday, you’re using data to understand the relative value (i.e. retention rate, donations made, engagement, shares, etc.) of different cohorts of subscribers overtime. Based on that data, you’re analyzing our current budget spend and making adjustments, as needed.
On Friday, you’ve reviewed product updates from Facebook to understand how the recent Messenger announcements affects our ad strategy. Later on that day, you’ve provided an update to our CCO on how it should impact our strategy.
- Facebook Ads Manager - you know the platform inside & out
- Reporting & Analytics - you’re an expert at translating data into insights
- Proficient at Photoshop
- Paid advertising experience in media, tech, or civic engagement
- You’ve managed projects remotely
The couch, a coffee shop, the local coworking space--either way, our team is 100% remote.
Please complete this application to apply for the role.
PushBlack is housed at Accelerate Change, Inc., which is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.