PushBlack is the nation's largest media advocacy organization for Black Americans, currently serving 9 million people monthly across all platforms. We use the power of narrative, especially Black History, to educate and activate our subscribers to build their personal power and create lasting economic and political change.
In 2020, PushBlack grew to 5.6M subscribers on Facebook Messenger and 455K followers on Instagram. We also ran the nation’s largest GOTV campaign for Black Americans. In May 2020, we launched Black History Year, our critically-acclaimed podcast, which has received over 1M unique downloads.
Take a look at the PushBlack Manifesto to learn more.
We’re hiring a Digital Content Associate who is tech-savvy, passionate about the intersection of technology & content, and excited to tell the stories of Black America. This role will support our Product team by coding, testing, and publishing content using Chatfuel, Instagram, and other social media platforms along with other administrative responsibilities. You do not need a technical background to be considered!
- Overseeing and establishing a series of A/B tests to optimize mobile messaging experiences and identifying the best ways to get our subscribers to engage with us on Messenger.
- Gathering and analyzing engagement data to speed up our learning and subscriber growth. You’ll figure out the most cost-effective ways to acquire and retain subscribers.
- Publishing content on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and our website using content management and scheduling platforms.
- Utilizing Chatfuel to code Messenger chatbot broadcasts and building out daily tests for staff review to ensure broadcasts are accurately set up.
- Supporting the Product team with operational efficiency and experimentation, including content distribution for campaigns such as email newsletters and new product offerings.
- Ad-hoc coding projects including building petitions and promotions for podcast episodes.
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective project management skills - you communicate project statuses and ensure all deadlines are met with a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Experience with content management systems (e.g., Drupal).
- Relevant experience in tech, digital and/or marketing industries.
- Fast learner, coachable, and motivated to learn coding.
- Experience running content campaigns on Instagram including IGTV and Reels
- Experience with Facebook Ads Manager and/or Facebook Messenger bots.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics and Facebook Analytics).
- Experience using and implementing processes in Chatfuel.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop.
- Whether you love your couch or your desk, it doesn’t matter. We’re 100% Remote!
- Great benefits that include medical, dental, and vision.
- PTO, Sick and Holiday Leave.
- 401K Retirement Savings w/ tiered match.
- Parental leave benefits.
- PushBlack observes Juneteenth as a national holiday.
- $400/month work-from-home, taxable stipend in lieu of coworking reimbursements and phone/internet reimbursements.
- $1750 total professional development budget annually, of which $500 can roll over each year (cap of $500 per year).
PushBlack is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people are centered in the work we do. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.