PushBlack, the nation’s largest nonprofit media platform for Black people, builds deep, daily relationships with Black Americans through their mobile phones in order to transform Black civic engagement.
PushBlack attracts and engages subscribers through our innovative daily Black history and news service, which is based on Facebook Messenger. With this relationship, PushBlack encourages 4.6M Messenger subscribers (and 8M monthly active users) to raise their voices and take action on critical issues, register to vote, and to cast their votes on Election Day.
Take a look at the PushBlack Manifesto to learn more about what we’re doing.
An effective collaborator and project coordinator to support our Chief Content Officer with all administrative responsibilities as we continue to expand our content verticals.
- Managing the CCO’s calendar by coordinating all meetings based on availability and weekly/monthly priorities.
- Preparing meeting agendas and any other relevant materials (e.g., docs, decks, research, etc.) needed.
- Attending meetings with the CCO to take notes, track action items, and oversee follow up.
- Keeping an eye on the CCO’s incoming communications (email, Slack, Trello), flagging priorities and responding appropriately.
- Tracking editorial deadlines and deliverables for the team, staying in touch with staff and collaborators to keep the content flowing.
- Performing research and writing memos based on upcoming content projects or initiatives led by the CCO.
- Staying up to date and report on relevant industry trends including Black media, streaming/broadcast TV, podcasts, chatbots, & Facebook ads.
A week in the life of our next Digital Content Associate:
On Monday, your day starts with a check in with the CCO. You summarize the week’s key meetings and priorities and flag a project that is off track. With your updated task list, you spend the afternoon following up with the content team and preparing the agenda for tomorrow’s editorial meeting.
On Tuesday & Wednesday, you’re taking notes during the editorial meeting to track new content ideas and action items. After joining the CCO on a meeting for an upcoming partnership, you’re digging into research on Facebook’s recent changes to ad targeting to prepare an internal memo. Also, a few time-sensitive emails for the CCO come in; as a result, you re-prioritize and quickly prep an agenda for a call.
On Thursday, you’ve synthesized notes from this week’s meetings and compile all relevant information/materials for the CCO to review. More action items come from that and you update your list accordingly.
On Friday, in looking ahead to next week, you review your task list and clarify priorities. You see a few deadlines coming up, so you send out a few Slack messages to different staffers and contractors to make sure things are on track. A handful of meetings are still being scheduled, so you follow up with the attendees in hopes of having logistics solidified before the weekend.
- Excellent time management and prioritization
- Strong coordination/planning
- Strong written and verbal communication
- High attention to detail
- Good decision-making and problem solving
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Proficient in Google Suite tools - GMail, Calendar, Docs, Slides, etc.
- Full-time remote work experience
- Experience in media and/or supporting an editorial team
- Passion for Black narrative and storytelling
The couch, a coffee shop, the local coworking space--either way, our team is 100% remote.
Please complete this application to apply for the role.
PushBlack is housed at Accelerate Change, a project of New Futures Fund, Inc., which is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities