PushBlack is the nation’s largest nonprofit media platform for Black people. We attract and engage our subscribers with emotionally compelling Black history and news stories we send through Facebook Messenger. With this relationship, PushBlack encourages 5M Messenger subscribers (and 9M monthly active users) to raise their voices and take action on critical issues, register to vote, and to cast their votes on Election Day.
Take a look at the PushBlack Manifesto to learn more about what we’re up to.
A diligent writer who can use their creative storytelling skills to help us make Black history more compelling than it’s ever been.
- Producing 10 stories per week and collaborating with the editorial team to revise and finalize content.
- Pitching new ideas weekly to editorial team by sourcing current events and other related research to a relevant topic area.
- Learning our unique voice and writing style to ensure continuity across all content.
- Utilizing our comprehensive content delivery process to meet 100% of your deadlines.
- Creative nonfiction or fiction writing experience
- Strong grasp of storytelling elements - characters, conflict, narrative arc, etc.
- Extremely high attention to detail - you hate errors!
- Deadline driven - you meet yours and help others do the same
- Outstanding communication skills - consistently clear and thorough
- Tech aptitude - learn quickly and utilize daily
- Creative nonfiction or fiction content published on a Black media platform or about Black people
Please complete this application to apply for the role.
PushBlack is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.