PushBlack is the nation’s largest nonprofit media platform for Black people. As a news organization, PushBlack Finance publishes content that highlights market trends, industry developments, personal finance techniques, alternative economies and political news relevant to Black consumers, investors, and business leaders. The Finance Writer should have a focus to think outside the box and be in the know with businesses, economic models and opportunities that focus beyond the traditional financial literacy spectrum.
Through daily communications on Facebook Messenger and Instagram, we help subscribers aspire, learn, and apply knowledge for economic liberation. We encourage readers to incorporate lessons from business news stories and on-time personal finance tips to use in their daily lives.
Above all, PushBlack Finance’s mission is to help Black people build wealth that drives CHANGE on a collective level.
Take a look at the PushBlack Manifesto to learn more about what we’re up to.
We are seeking an experienced financial writer to produce 8 -10 stories per week. You should have a solid understanding of personal finance, financial markets, and investing.
Topics of interest include:
- Personal finance
- Wealth management
- Economic trends
- Performing research on your assigned monthly topics to create unique, quality content
- Curate and package the most important financial news affecting Black people today
- Follow content trends and generate new ideas to draw our audience's attention
- Learning our unique voice and writing style to ensure continuity across all content.
- Pitching new ideas weekly to the editorial team by sourcing current events and other related research to a related to finance.
- Utilizing our comprehensive content delivery process to meet 100% of your deadlines.
- Subject Matter Expert - Strong grasp of various economic models/structures including alternative economies and future trends
- Written Expression - An ability to take complicated theories and write engaging stories for various audiences
- Fluency of Ideas — The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a finance topic and execute strategies to turn ideas in published work.
- Originality — The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Research Driven - Your writings and stories are based in evidence and data.
- Detail Oriented - Extremely high attention to detail and have proven process to eliminate errors
- Deadline driven - you meet timelines and assist others with timeliness
- Outstanding communication skills - consistently clear and thorough
- Tech aptitude - learn quickly and utilize daily
- You have published work based in finance or have experience working in alternative economies.
- Whether you love your couch or your desk, it doesn’t matter. We’re 100% Remote!
- Great benefits that include medical, dental, and vision.
- PTO, Sick and Holiday Leave
PushBlack is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people are centered in the work we do. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.Apply Here