PushBlack is the nation's largest media advocacy organization for Black Americans, currently serving 9 million people across all platforms, including 5 million subscribers on Facebook Messenger. We use the power of narrative, especially Black History, to educate and activate our subscribers to build their personal power and create lasting economic and political change.
Take a look at the PushBlack Manifesto to learn more about us.
A talent acquisition consultant with full-cycle recruiting experience, hiring high-performing employees.
- Plan and implement PushBlack’s talent acquisition strategy
- Develop PushBlack’s policy for talent assessment and interviews
- Quarterly analysis of PushBlack’s organizational development to identify future talent needs
- Manage recruitment and selection process (resume screening, initial calls, interviews, etc.), working closely with supervisors and other team members
- Occasionally represent PushBlack internally and externally at recruitment events (virtual and in person)
- Conduct weekly check ins with new staff, through the orientation period
- Suggest new ideas for improving talent acquisition activities for PushBlack
- At least 5 years of talent acquisition experience
- Demonstrated commitment to issues critical to the Black community
- In-depth understanding of candidate selection process
- Extremely high attention to detail - you hate errors!
- Outstanding communication skills - consistently clear and thorough
- Proactive and self-starter
- Have experience hiring for media agencies or nonprofit organizations
Please complete this application to apply for the role.
PushBlack is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people are centered in the work we do. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.